SONAR is a project carried out by a consortium of four institutions:
- RERO: Library Network of Western Switzerland, Martigny (applicant institution)
- HES-SO: Haute école spécialisée de Suisse occidentale / HEG Genève: Haute école de gestion de Genève
- HTW Chur: Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft / SII: Schweizerisches Institut für Informationswissenschaft, Chur
- USI: Università della Svizzera italiana, Lugano
The project is endorsed and supported by swissuniversities in the framework of the P-5 “Scientific Information” Program. It was submitted in February 2018 and accepted in June 2018.
An abridged version of the project application document is available here. It provides a more detailed description of the motivations, goals and planned implementation.
- Collect, promote and preserve scholarly publications of authors affiliated with Swiss public research institutions
Open Access growth and monitoring
- Raise the OA coverage rate of Swiss IRs
- Gather information about research output in Switzerland, and OA in particular
Institutional Repository as a Service (IRaaS)
- Shared, multi-institutional repository
- Dedicated (private) repository instances