SONAR is an archive of scholarly publications. It intends to collect, promote and preserve the publications of authors affiliated with Swiss public research institutions.
It acts as an aggregator, bringing together the content and metadata of existing platforms and servers, including the institutional repositories (IR) of Swiss Higher Education Institutions, as well as international subject repositories. It also operates as a content disseminator: both to Swiss IRs and to the Web at large, namely to search engines of scholarly literature such as Google Scholar and Microsoft Academic.
Besides the automated harvesting service, interested Swiss Higher Education Institutions can subscribe to an outsourced institutional repository service, allowing their authors to directly deposit publications in SONAR.
Recent blog posts
- 08.10.2020 Acquisition of Swiss-affiliated research records: first evaluation from the field
- 29.09.2020 Invitation to test : IR hosting service
- 03.07.2020 Institutional Repository as a Service, by RERO: variants and scope
- 27.05.2020 On the color schemes of Open Access
- 25.03.2020 On the problems of APC cost analysis
You can subscribe to our newsletter or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org