Four user roles exist in SONAR.
Users can log in and are recognised by the system. For now, there are no specific features associated with this role, but in the future SONAR will allow basic users to:
- save and reuse search queries
- create document lists
Submitters are usually researchers or students.
- Can create deposits. These are their submitted publication and must be validated by a moderator in order to become publicly visible in SONAR.
- Can see their own deposits, including history and state of pending submissions.
Moderators are usually librarians. They have the same permissions as submitters plus additional ones.
- Can see, create, edit and validate deposits for users in their organisation.
- Can see, create and edit documents, incl. attached files.
Usually (but not necessarily), there is a single administrator per organisation. They have the same permissions as moderators plus additional ones.
- Can delete documents.
- Can see, create, edit and delete users (moderators and submitters).
- Can see and edit their own organisation (settings).
- Can see, create, edit and delete subdivisions if their organisation is dedicated.
- Can see, create, edit and delete collections if their organisation is dedicated.